Monday 29 April 2013

The 90s are back!



Known and loved TV shows and movies from the 80's and 90's have been my recent go to for a few giggles. It's hard to believe what some people work back then and how they thought bucket hats folded up with a giant fake flower or two on them looked good - you know the ones I'm talking about. Plaid on plaid was cool, and the tighter your curls were, the better. Justin Timberlake anyone?



But I am not here to hate. I'm sure we will all regret some of our own styling choices in centuries to come. It happens to the best of us.

I am writing to commemorate. To honor those who have subconsciously predicted the fashion future. whenever I wach a cheesy Beverly Hills 90210 episode, or the classic Clueless, I get excited when I see clothes I actually like and would wear. Not in a vintage way but in a full priced new season kind of way. Cher Horowitz, a fashion icon in the 90s, is still influential today. I love that in 2013 someone could wear the cute high-waisted shorts and blue sleeveless shirt worn by Lisa in Dirty Dancing and it would not be deemed weird. They have defied the odds of wearing some of the many past trends that are now frowned upon, and this is an achievement.

- Lauren

Cher Horowitz in Clueless

Lisa (Baby's sister) in Dirty Dancing

Tori Spelling as Donna in Beverly Hills 90210 Season 3

0 comments:

Post a Comment