Saturday 18 October 2014

Bemsy's Guide to Shopping Online: Part 1

Photo: @charlielanks

Running See it, Want it! has made me something of an expert when it comes to locating items in online stores, but it's also made me quite the savvy online shopper. So, I've decided to share some of the things that make online shopping easier, more fun, and cheaper than buying in-store.

1. Do your research
If you're looking for an item from a particular brand, google it before you shell out your hard-earned cash on the first site you find it on. Often, an item may be reduced or part of an offer on one website but not on another. You can use Polyvore to find out who else is selling it, or even ebay.

2. Make the most of voucher code sites
Before I buy anything online, I search for discount codes because I hate that sinking feeling when you realise you could have saved some money on your order, but it's too late to change it. There are loads of discount and voucher code sites, all you need to do is type the name of the store and then "discount code", "voucher code" or just "code" into google and you'll hopefully find a great offer. And don't forget, some online stores allow you to combine multiple codes.


3. Check the returns policy
This is SO important. I only had to make the mistake of not checking once, and now I don't buy anything before I've read what the returns policy is. There is nothing worse than buying an item that you hate or that doesn't fit, and then you find out that you're stuck with it because the returns policy is rubbish! I'd actually go as far as recommending that if the returns policy doesn't seem quite right, you shouldn't place an order.

4. Try items on in-store and then order online
Okay, so I know this sounds a bit odd, but for some brands, it's a great way of saving money. H&M, for example, often have discount codes for their online store but not for their actual stores, and ASOS often runs offers on particular categories such as dresses and coats. 

Do you shop for clothes online?

Bemsy x

0 comments:

Post a Comment